- Bullying Prevention
- Emergency Mgmt.
- Internet Safety
- Mission Homefront
Emergency Management News
Forum for Families: Coping After the Overdose Death of a Parent or Child
September 20, 2017; Highmark Caring Place, Lemoyne, Pa.
What you have feared would happen, has happened. A loved one has died from substance use. Unsure who can be trusted, you don’t draw attention to your feelings or how your loved one died. You fly under the radar. You may withdraw. You have conflicting feelings about your loved one. You feel like you don’t relate well to even your best friends anymore. You feel like no one gets you or what you are going through. Beth Bitler, Program Director for PA Family Support Alliance; Terri Bowling, Child Grief Specialist at Highmark Caring Place; Terry and Lori Mishler, founders of Sara’s House of Hope; and participants in Highmark Caring Place program will offer information, support and personal stories of coping after the death of a loved one due to drug overdose. More Information
Information and Resources to Guard Against Viruses Spread by Mosquitoes Such As the Zika Virus Disease
The U.S. Department of Education would like to refer you to information and resources for state and local leaders, schools, school-based health staff and educators on steps that can be taken to guard against viruses spread by mosquitoes such as dengue, chikungunya, and Zika virus disease.
Free Resources Available from the Pennsylvania State Police
The Domestic Security Division of the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) provides free services to assist schools. For technical assistance, other requests or to sign up for active shooter training contact PSP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Bus Audio Taping Approval
On February 4, 2014, Act 9 of 2014 was signed into law, approving the use of audio taping on school buses in Pennsylvania. In order for schools to comply with this law and use audio taping, schools and/or school boards must:
- Adopt a school board policy that authorizes audio interception on school buses or vehicles for disciplinary or security purposes
- Provide annual notification from the school board to parents and students via a mailed letter to the student's home
- Post a notice on each bus furnished with audio-recording equipment that students may be audio taped
- Contractor vs. Employee
- President Signs Bill Encouraging Schools to Stockpile Epinepherine
- Pedestrian Safety Videos
- School Responsibilities to Pre-Plan and Prepare with Emergency Responders
- Center Testimony to PA Senate on School Safety
- All-Hazards Plan Security
- Free Information from U.S. ED Publications
- Response to Sandy Hook Tragedy
- Tornado Preparedness for Schools
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training Documents Released
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Law for Youth Athletes
- Risk and Vulnerability Assessments
- Schools and Underground Pipelines
- School Radios: Are you ready for narrow banding?
- Free School Bus Driver In-service Programs
- School Bus Driver Training
- New ICS Forms Booklet Released
- Free Employer Training for Committee Certification
- Requesting a Risk and Vulnerability Assessment
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your School